Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Words That Matter

I've been finding a lot of meaningful quotes lately, that I would love to put up all around my house, as small reminders of what's most important in my life. My son, my family, my faith. Since I really don't have the wall space to keep adding framed words, I thought I would begin sharing them here.

Im thinking that each week, I will share a new quote and why it's meaningful to me. I would love to hear how it touches you as well.

I saw this quote on the adoption blog Grown in My Heart the other day...


Christopher Robin looked long and hard at Pooh's face.

"Are you learning me by heart?" asked Pooh.

"No," he answered, "I know you by heart. You are inside my heart."

-A.A. Milne

Oh yeah, this one got me. Actually, a lot of A.A. Milne's words get to me, but this one more than others.

"I know you by heart. You are inside my heart."

That pretty much sums up what adoption means to me. My son is a part of me, and I him. We are not connected by biology, but by our hearts. And there is no stronger bond than the bond of love.

5 comments:

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

That was beautiful. You made me cry. ;) In a good way.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love it! I've never heard this quote before. My favorite A.A. Milne: "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."

Stacie said...

So many good quotes come from Pooh, including this one. Thanks for sharing.

bookaddict4real said...

I think that is the sweetest quote! I look forward to seeing more of them .I also think it's great you found a song to go with it . How cool is that!

Nesty Girl said...

What a lovely post! I too love A.A. Milne's quotes; his books may have been for children but they resonate with adults, too.

I'm visiting from New Friend Friday. Have a great weekend!