Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Potluck Go-To Pasta Salad

A friend gave me this recipe years ago, and it has been my go-to for potlucks ever since. It's super easy, and can be thrown together in practically the amount of time it takes to boil a pound of pasta.



Killer Pasta Salad
1 lb of your favorite pasta (I use Tri-Color Rotini)
Italian Dressing (about 2/3 of the bottle to your taste)
2 Tbls of McCormick Suddenly Salad Seasoning
1 English Cucumber
1 pack Grape Tomatoes
1 can Black Olives
Grated Parmesan Cheese (the fresh works best)

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain into a colander and rinse under cold water. Pour pasta into a bowl. Pour Italian Dressing over the top and add the seasoning, diced veggies, and some of the cheese. Refrigerate overnight if possible (it helps the pasta to absorb the flavor and make it even more KILLER). Before serving, add more dressing if needed, and sprinkle cheese on top.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds basically like mine except I dress it with oil and vinegar and add some fresh basil.. instead of salad dressing.. and it's always a winner!

Jami said...

I love that it sounds easy. I have never tried the McCormick Salad Seasoning, but maybe I should.

Angela said...

I use something similar to this recipe for my pasta salad as well. Sometimes, when I want to mix things up, I will use kalamata olives instead of black olives and feta cheese instead of Parmesan cheese. It gives it more of a Greek feel, which I LOVE!